The reading last Sunday was attended by about 40 people. Thanks to the Raynor-McDonald family, we could gather in the “main room” for the reading, and they graciously provided refreshments.
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND YOUR DONATIONS
- Kevin Hathorn (descendant of the General)
- Mary Hope Lewis (descendant of Ezra Sanford; family owned house for nearly 100 years)
- Russell Kowal (Warwick Councilman)
- Robin Chandler (descendant of John Hathorn Lott, born in the house, and William Fitzgerald, Sterling Company of Hathorn’s regiment)
- Andrew Mills (descendant of Col. Tusten, who was mortally wounded at the Battle of Minisink)
Others attending included Barry Cheney and Paul Ruszkiewicz (Orange County Legislature); Hon. Peter Barlet, Melody Olsen (founding trustee), Michelle Figliomeni (President, Orange County Historical Society), Johanna Porr (Orange County Historian), Jean Beattie May (Warwick Village Historian).
A “change basket” was put out to ask for funds to help us incorporate and get an architect’s structure report, so we can move forward with helping to preserve the house.
Other major donors were: Peter Barlet, Mary Hope Lewis, and Carol Ann Cesare.
With your donations we can begin the process of preserving the house and promoting our Revolutionary War and agricultural heritage.